Did you fly to or from London Luton Airport and did you have a flight delay of more than three hours? Then you may be entitled to compensation. See whether your flight to or from London Luton Airport is on our problem flight list below.
Every day flights are delayed to or from London Luton Airport. Information of all flights to and from the airport are registered in the Lennoc Flight Intelligence database.
Flight information Luton Airport
Luton airport is an important airport for routes within Europe and serves as a hub airport for easyJet, TUI fly, Ryanair and Wizz Air. 14.6 million passengers were served in 2016 from this single runway airport.
Your rights in regard to flight delays at London Luton Airport
Your rights as an airline passenger are established in Regulation 261/2004. For you to be entitled to compensation, your delayed flight must meet the following criteria:
- You arrived with a delay of three hours or more at your final destination
- You flew from an EU country, or you flew into an EU country with a European airline
- The delay was not due to an extraordinary circumstance, such as a strike.
London Luton Airport is a European airport, therefore if your delayed flight departed from Luton and was not affected by an extraordinary circumstance, you are entitled to compensation of up to €600 (£534*) per person.
Example: You flew from London Luton to Majorca and arrived two hours late due to bad weather. You are not entitled to compensation for two reasons. Firstly, the arrival delay did not exceed three hours, and secondly, the cause of the delay was bad weather, which is considered an extraordinary circumstance.
Amount of compensation
In the case your delayed flight to or from London Luton Airport falls under Regulation 261/2004, you are entitled to financial compensation. The amount of compensation is based on the distance of your flight.
Calculate the distance of your flight
Flight destinations within the EU
- €250 (£223*) compensation for a delayed flight up to 1,500 km (e.g. London to Brussels)
- €400 (£356*) compensation for a delayed flight exceeding than 1,500 km (e.g. London to Faro)
Flight destinations outside the EU
- €250 (£223*) compensation for a delayed flight up to 1,500 km (e.g. London to Geneva)
- €400 (£356*) compensation for a delayed flight between 1,500 km and 3,500 km (e.g. London to Istanbul)
- €600 (£534*) compensation for a delayed flight exceeding 3,500 km (e.g. London to Boston)
*Compensation calculated December '18 rate of £1: €1,12 and rounded to the nearest £1.Free flight check
Recently delayed flights to and from London Luton Airport
The problem flight list for Luton flights is compiled by our database. Our highly detailed information ensures that we have a strong position with the airlines and in court, and has resulted in a 97% success rate.
Recently delayed flights
Can't find your flight?
Does your delayed flight not appear on the list below? Check your flight and within a few minutes you will know if you are entitled to a compensation.